LOOKING FOR A HORSE DENTIST IN PERTH?
Perth Horse Dentistry offer the full range of equine dental services from routine preventative maintenance to advanced surgical procedures.
As a registered vet, Dr Tom Hamilton is also able to offer the following services.
- Drenching – oil drench +/- a wormer
- Health examination
- Liver fluke drenching and testing
- Lameness examinations – radiography / ultrasonography available
- Wound management
- Haematology– Geriatric Horses often suffer from PPID (Cushings) we provide testing for this.
HANDY GUIDE TO EQUINE DENTAL
Deciduous (Baby) Dentition
- Premolars – present at birth or the first 2 weeks of life
- 6 days: central incisors erupt
- 6 weeks: central and intermediate incisors present
- 6 months: – corner incisors erupting – all incisors present
- 12 months – dental star present in the central incisors, corner incisors not in full wear
- Molar #1 present
- 18 months – corner incisors in wear
- 24 months – dental star in all lower incisors
- 1st incisor : 2.5 years
- 2nd incisor: 3.5 years
- 3rd incisor : 4.5 years
- Canines 4-6 years
- Premolars and Molars
- PM1 ( wolf teeth) – 5-7 months
- PM2 : 2.5yrs
- PM3: 3yrs
- PM4: 4 years
- M1: 8-12 months
- M2: 2 yrs
- M3 : 3.5-4yrs